According to Wikipedia - The event manager is the person who plans and executes the event. Event managers and their teams are often behind-the-scenes running the event. Event managers may also be involved in more than just the planning and execution of the event, but also brand building, marketing and communication strategy. The event manager is an expert at the creative, technical and logistical elements that help an event succeed. This includes event design, audio-visual production, scriptwriting, logistics, budgeting, negotiation and, of course, client service. It is a multi-dimensional profession.
The key skills an event manager needs according to the National Careers Service are:
- excellent organisation skills and the ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time
- good communication and 'people' skills
- an ability to focus on the customer
- a creative approach to problem-solving
- a high level of attention to detail
- the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- good negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- budget awareness
- administration and IT skills
- the ability to work as part of a team and also use your own initiative
- enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
Not rocket science you might think but not everyone has the ability to multitask.
The key word in this description is ‘Experts’. Grapevine cares about your event and wants it to succeed as much as you do. We have the background knowledge, understanding and experience to make your event work. We will stay behind the scenes, we are not here to take away your glory, but to make sure you get the recognition of a successful event from your delegates and your peers.